Simple and delicious taco filling perfect for Meatless Monday or Taco Tuesday! This recipe is super high in fiber, plant-based protein, gluten free, packed with nutrition AND flavor.
- 1 cups lentils rinsed and drained. I like to use pretty orange lentils for this, but any lentil will do.
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed and drained
- 1 jar Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin inspired healthy cooking sauce
- 3-1/2 cups broth or water
- Salt and hot sauce to taste Our healthy cooking sauces are low in sodium, so YOU control the salt!
- Assorted taco toppings of your choice
Combine the lentils, quinoa, Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin inspired healthy cooking sauce, broth/water, salt and hot sauce in a sauce pan, or large saute pan with a lid. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, then lower the heat to low and cover with a lid. Cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
If necessary uncover and cook a bit longer with the lid off, stirring constantly until you have a thick, rich mixture perfect for scooping into tacos.