Low-Carb Cauliflower Nachos Recipe
Savory, saucy meat, roasted cauliflower and your favorite nacho toppings make a healthified, nutrition-boosted version of nachos! This makes a crave-worthy nosh for binge-watching tv, a fun family dinner, or a great appetizer if you're hosting a casual dinner party. Need these healthy cauliflower nachos to be vegetarian-friendly? Use vegetarian meatless-crumbles instead of ground meat. Need this cauliflower nachos recipe to be dairy-free? Instead of cheese, use your favorite dairy-free shredded cheese or cheese sauce alternative.
Roasted Cauliflower Florets
- 1 large head cauliflower washed, trimmed, and cut into florets
- healthy oil/fat or pan spray of our choice, salt and pepper to taste
Saucy, Seasoned Smoky Latin-Inspired Meat/Meat Alternative
- 1 lb ground meat or ground meat alternative
- 3/4 cup Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin Flavor Recipe Starter Sauce
- Kosher/sea salt to taste Mesa de Vida's Recipe Starter Sauces are low in sodium, so you can salt to your own tastes/health needs.
Toppings For Your Nachos
- Add your favorite nacho toppings! We love shredded cheese, hot sauce/jalapenos, sliced olives, diced onions; serve with gaucamole, salsa, and sour cream if you like.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. (Optional: line a baking sheet with parchment paper.)
Toss the cauliflower florets with oil/oil spray, and salt and pepper to taste. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through, until golden brown and tender.
Meanwhile, as the cauliflower is cooking, make the saucy braised meat. Add the meat (or meat alternative), Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin flavor Recipe Starter Sauce and salt to taste to a saute pan over medium-high heat. Break up the meat with a spoon. When the meat is fully crumbled, lower the heat to low and cover the pan. Simmer for 5-8 minutes until the meat is fully cooked and the sauce is thickened.
When the cauliflower is cooked and the meat is ready, arrange the cauliflower in the center of the pan to minimize gaps. Spoon the saucy meat over the top of the cauliflower, top with cheese and other toppings you like. Pop the pan back into the oven for 5-10 minutes to melt the cheese.
Serve with sour cream, guacamole, and salsa if you like, and enjoy!