Feel free to swap out the chicken for diced tempeh or firm pressed tofu for a vegan/vegetarian version!
- 1 Tb healthy oil/fat of your choice *optional if using a non-stick pan
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken cut into 1" cubes I like to use boneless, skinless chicken thighs because they don't dry out the way chicken breasts can
- 1/2 jar Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin flavor Recipe Starter Sauce about 1/2 cup
- salt and hot sauce/sliced jalapenos to taste our recipe starter sauces are extremely low in sodium so you can adjust the sodium to your health needs/taste preferences
- 1/2 diced onion, 1 diced bell pepper, 1 clove minced garlic *optional - these ingredients are already in the Mesa de Vida recipe starter sauce, but I like to add a bit more to bump up the volume of the recipe a bit
- 1 package JicaFoods JicaTortillas *you can use this filling for any taco wrap you like, of course!
- toppings of your choice: pickled red onions, baby spinach, sliced jalapenos, cheese, olives...whatever you like!
Heat a skillet over medium heat; when hot add oil/fat, swirl to coat. (Skip if using a nonstick pan.)
Add the chicken, Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin flavor Recipe Starter Sauce. Add salt/hot sauce/sliced jalapenos/diced onions, bell peppers, garlic if using.
Stirring often, cook until the chicken is fully cooked and most of the juices have thickened to coat the chicken.
Assemble your tacos as you like, eat, and enjoy!