This is a healthy and delicious Whole30 chicken taco recipe! It’s also Paleo and Keto-friendly, gluten-free, low-calorie, and lower carbohydrate chicken taco recipe that is incredibly easy to make. This flavorful saucy chicken filling made with our Smoky Latin flavor Recipe Starter Sauce is perfect for any taco, burrito bowl, or even as an enchilada filling. This chicken taco filling is a staple in my house for quick meals anytime. Folding your delicious taco fillings up the convenient, thinly sliced jicama slices from JicaFoods is another way to add more vegetables to your day, and the crunch they add is great!
- 1 Tb healthy oil/fat of your choice *optional if using a non-stick pan
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken cut into 1" cubes I like to use boneless, skinless chicken thighs because they don't dry out the way chicken breasts can
- 1/2 jar Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin flavor Recipe Starter Sauce about 1/2 cup
- salt and hot sauce/sliced jalapenos to taste our recipe starter sauces are extremely low in sodium so you can adjust the sodium to your health needs/taste preferences
- 1/2 diced onion, 1 diced bell pepper, 1 clove minced garlic *optional – these ingredients are already in the Mesa de Vida recipe starter sauce, but I like to add a bit more to bump up the volume of the recipe a bit
- 1 package JicaFoods JicaTortillas *you can use this filling for any taco wrap you like, of course!
- toppings of your choice: pickled red onions, baby spinach, sliced jalapenos, cheese, olives…whatever you like!
- Heat a skillet over medium heat; when hot add oil/fat, swirl to coat. (Skip if using a nonstick pan.)
- Add the chicken, Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin flavor Recipe Starter Sauce. Add salt/hot sauce/sliced jalapenos/diced onions, bell peppers, garlic if using.
- Stirring often, cook until the chicken is fully cooked and most of the juices have thickened to coat the chicken.
- Assemble your tacos as you like, eat, and enjoy!
You might also like...
Recipes, Tips from the Chef, Savings and More!
Get a promo code for 10% off, and our FREE menu planning strategies guide! You'll also be the first to get new recipes, exclusive content, notified when Mesa de Vida is in a store near you, upcoming giveaways, events, and discounts!