A flavorful, healthy Tortilla Soup recipe with Vegan, Paleo and Instant Pot versions too!
My family loves this soup and I love making it. It takes less than 5 minutes to prepare, simmers effortlessly while you relax, and will bring a lot of life to your table with everyone slurping happily away at their bowls full of goodness!
Using Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin Inspired healthy cooking sauce means you just pour and enjoy! All of the spices, herbs, onion and garlic are in the jar, expertly blended to use for easy, flavorful, healthy recipes! Our sauces are low sodium and 100 natural too, so you can feel good about what you’re bringing to your table!
Tip: Make this your own! Add in a can of diced tomatoes, whatever beans or meat you have on hand, add in a handful or quinoa or rice, whatever vegetables you have on hand.
“BEST Tortilla Soup ever!!! I made it last night from your recipe using the Smoky Latin sauce! AMAZING!!! We loved it!!” Mindy, Edmonds, WA
Best Easy Tortilla Soup Recipe
- 1 lb diced chicken breast Skip if you'd like to keep this 100% plant-based. *Substitute cooked chicken breast, this is a fabulous way to create another meal with your leftovers!
- 1 jar Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin Cooking and Seasoning Sauce
- 6 cups broth
- 1 can beans of your choice black beans, kidney beans, pinto beans, white beans all work well
- 1 cup frozen corn optional
- Salt and hot sauce to taste
- Crushed tortilla chips for topping
- Diced avocado for topping
- Fresh lime for serving
- Place the ingredients into a slow cooker, heavy pot or Instant Pot. Mix to combine.
- For the stove top: Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, lower the heat to low, cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- For the slow cooker: Cook on low for 2-4 hours.
- For Instant Pot: Cook for 6 minutes at high pressure.
- Stir, add toppings of your choice, and enjoy!
Instant Pot directions: Put the Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin cooking sauce, broth, and chicken into your Instant Pot. Set the pressure cooker to cook for 10 minutes on manual. Release the steam. Remove the chicken from the broth, shred with a fork, add back to the broth. Season to taste with salt and hot sauce.
*Want to make this Whole30 Compliant or Paleo Mexican Soup?
Just skip the tortillas and add extra avocado! Try adding in some diced zucchini, and potato if you’d like it hearty, and you’ve got a delicious caldo de calabasita!
You might also like...
Recipes, Tips from the Chef, Savings and More!
Get a promo code for 10% off, and our FREE menu planning strategies guide! You'll also be the first to get new recipes, exclusive content, notified when Mesa de Vida is in a store near you, upcoming giveaways, events, and discounts!