This chicken fajita burrito skillet recipe is a quick-fix, one-pan meal that tastes absolutely amazing!
I used quinoa for this chicken fajita burrito skillet recipe, but you can also use white or brown rice.
This recipe is naturally gluten-free, high in fiber and nutrients. The flavor is all the best things of burritos and fajitas, all in one skillet, and so easy!
I’m sure you’re going to love this recipe, and once you begin making it regularly, it is really easy to switch it up to make an entirely new globally inspired skillet meal. Switch out the meat and sauce, try some different vegetables, and make this your signature recipe that is sure to bring life to your table!
Here are some ideas to switch up the ingredients for a whole new global gourmet skillet meal:
- Moroccan inspired: Swap in ground beef or lamb for the meat, our North African sauce for the sauce, chickpeas for the beans, and diced eggplant or zucchini for the vegetables.
- Creole inspired: Swap in ground sausage or chicken for the meat, our Creole sauce for the sauce, and blackeyed peas for the beans.
- Mediterranean inspired: Swap in shrimp or diced chicken for the meat, our Mediterranean sauce for the sauce, chickpeas for the beans, and diced eggplant or zucchini for the vegetables.
- Caribbean inspired: Swap in crumbled tofu for the meat, our Caribbean sauce for the sauce, chickpeas for the beans.
I hope you enjoy!
Smoky Latin Chicken Fajita Burrito Skillet
- Skillet with a lid (large saucepan works, too.)
- Cutting board
- 2 tsp healthy oil/fat of your choice
- 1 lb boneless, skinless breast or thigh, cut into thin strips You could also use any ground meat of your choice
- 1 jar Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin Cooking & Seasoning Sauce
- 1/2 cup quinoa or rice
- 2 cups cooked black beans or 1 can, rinsed and drained; substitute any bean variety works that you have on hand
- 1 package frozen fajita vegetable blend or 2 cups sliced bell peppers and 1 sliced onion
- 1 cup water
- Kosher/sea salt to taste
- Optional for topping: diced red onion, crumbled cotija or shredded cheddar cheese, fresh avocado
- Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat, when hot add oil, swirl to coat.
- Add meat and brown on all sides. (If using ground meat, crumble and stir until fully cooked.)
- Add Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin Cooking & Seasoning Sauce, quinoa or rice, beans, bell peppers and onions, water, and salt to taste. Stir to combine, bring to a simmer, then lower the heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes (for white rice) to 30 or 45 minutes (for quinoa or brown rice). The amount of time could depend on the size of your pan, fit of the lid, or whether or not the meat and vegetables produce a lot of liquid. Cook until all of the liquid has absorbed, and the grains are fluffy and fully cooked.
- Serve topped with diced red onion, crumbled cotija cheese, and/or fresh avocado and enjoy!
You might also like...
Recipes, Tips from the Chef, Savings and More!
Get a promo code for 10% off, and our FREE menu planning strategies guide! You'll also be the first to get new recipes, exclusive content, notified when Mesa de Vida is in a store near you, upcoming giveaways, events, and discounts!