Welcome to the Comfort of Fall – Slow Cooker & Instant Pot Recipe Series brought to you by Whole Foods Market and Mesa de Vida!
This is a very easy, flavor-packed beef stew recipe that is absolutely incredible.
The flavors that develop from our Caribbean cooking and seasoning sauce, along with other pantry staples such as coconut milk and canned tomatoes, (and the aromas that will fill your kitchen) are nothing short of amazing. The additions of sweet potatoes and kale make this a nutritional powerhouse, too.
If you love spice and Caribbean flavors, this is easy and healthy Whole30 friendly beef stew recipe is definitely for you! *If you don’t like spicy food, just leave the habanero out.
Healthy Beef Stew Recipe
Caribbean Pepper Pot Soup (or Stew) is a very common dish made in the Caribbean, and this recipe honors those time-tested flavors. I spent years researching and making Caribbean-inspired meals for my personal chef clients, and I developed a love of these fantastic, complex flavors myself.
Our Caribbean recipe starter and cooking sauce just makes it easier than ever to add those beautiful flavors to anything you cook!
Watch the recipe videos below (long form, and short form) to see how easy it is to make, and I hope you enjoy!
*Don’t forget to Pin it to Pinterest, or share the link with your friends!
*Watch the long form recipe video above, short form below.
Caribbean Pepper Pot Stew
- 1 jar Mesa de Vida Caribbean Cooking & Seasoning Sauce
- 1-1/2 lb beef chuck roast cut into 2" cubes
- 1 can coconut milk 14 oz
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes, no salt 14 oz
- 4 cups high quality broth of your choice
- 1 habanero pepper optional. Leave whole for less heat, chop for more heat
- 3 cups kale trimmed and chopped
- salt to taste
- 2 small sweet potatoes (or 1 medium) cut into 1" cubes
- 2-3 carrots cut into 1" slices
- Optional step: Sear the beef in oil/fat of your choice until golden brown on all sides.
- Add all of the ingredients into the slow cooker, stir to combine. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Click here to go back to the Comfort of Fall series page.
You might also like...
Recipes, Tips from the Chef, Savings and More!
Get a promo code for 10% off, and our FREE menu planning strategies guide! You'll also be the first to get new recipes, exclusive content, notified when Mesa de Vida is in a store near you, upcoming giveaways, events, and discounts!