A fun-yet-elevated meal for any busy weeknight dinner, or as a burger-alternative for Memorial Day, Fourth of July, or Labor Day.
This easy Sloppy Joe-inspired recipe is also great for any gathering where you don’t have a grill, don’t want to cook outside because it’s too hot or too cold, or want to have a fun make-ahead option to keep warm when people will be coming and going.
The gourmet-level Sloppy Joe recipe comes together in less than 15 minutes and can be as healthy or indulgent as you want it to be!
My family loves this, and I hope you will, as well! Enjoy!
Sloppy Joes with Latin-inspired flavors
- 1-1/2 lb ground meat or plant-based ground meat alternative Cook and crumble over medium heat until golden brown.
- 1 jar Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin-inspired Recipe Starter Sauce
- 2 Tb ketchup
- Salt to your own tastes Mesa de Vida's cooking sauces have very little salt added so you can salt to your own tastes/health needs
- 1/4 cup water
- Burger fixings – toasted buns, sliced onion, tomato, avocado, shredded lettuce, sour cream or mayonnaise, salsa, or anything you like!
- After the meat is cooked until golden brown, stir in the Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin starter sauce. Stir and cook for 30 seconds.
- Pour in water and salt, stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 10 minutes.
- Serve as you would any hamburger and enjoy!