This is a quick, easy and delicious saucy braised chicken skillet recipe that you’ll want to make again and again! Choose-your-own-adventure by using any one of our globally-inspired, gourmet healthy recipe starter and seasoning sauces.
An easy, exciting answer when you’re wondering “What should I make with these chicken breasts that isn’t boring”?
Serve this tender, saucy chicken however you like it – over hot cooked rice, quinoa or pasta (regular, gluten-free, chickpea pasta, etc.), over mashed potatoes or cauliflower mash, or alongside cooked beans.
Braising sauce for boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
Try this easy chicken recipe with a new Mesa de Vida sauce every week and travel on a whole new culinary right from your kitchen!
It’s my go-to recipe when I’ve got chicken breasts and thighs on hand and want to make a quick and delicious dinner my entire family will love.
This recipe is naturally gluten-free, low in sodium, Whole30, Paleo, keto and low-carb friendly.
Saucy Braised Chicken Skillet with Mesa de Vida Healthy Global Recipe Starter and Seasoning Sauces
- 2 tsp healthy oil/fat of your choice
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs slice into approximately 1/2" horizontal slices for breasts, for thighs, slice each thigh into thirds
- 1/2 jar Mesa de Vida Recipe Starter and Seasoning Sauce of your choice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- salt to taste our concentrated sauces are extremely low in sodium, so you can salt to your own tastes/health needs.
- hot cooked rice, pasta, quinoa, cauliflower mash, mashed potatoes, or any side dish you like for serving
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. When hot add oil, swirl to coat.
- Add the chicken pieces to the pan in an even layer. Let the first side get golden brown, flip and brown the other side of the meat.
- Add the Mesa de Vida sauce of your choice to the pan, stir and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Pour the chicken broth into the pan, and season to taste with salt. Stir.
- As soon as the sauce comes to a simmer, lower the heat to low, and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve and enjoy !
You might also like...
Recipes, Tips from the Chef, Savings and More!
Get a promo code for 10% off, and our FREE menu planning strategies guide! You'll also be the first to get new recipes, exclusive content, notified when Mesa de Vida is in a store near you, upcoming giveaways, events, and discounts!