This simply delicious recipe for Perfect Pulled Pork Bowls was created by Sarah, the recipe developer for the Whole30 program! These saucy bowls of goodness are *the* perfect recipe to put on weekly rotation for your Whole30 meal prep, and beyond. Our Whole30 Approved healthy gourmet cooking sauces, and your Instant Pot, make it so easy!
Shredded, saucy, flavorful meat is such a versatile protein to keep around for your weekly meals. I, or my 12-year-old-son, make a batch every week, rotating the protein and the flavor of cooking sauce to keep it interesting. Our healthy gourmet cooking sauces give the pulled pork really exciting flavor, inspired by vibrant cultures from around the globe.
You can use the juicy, tender, delicious protein on a bowl just like Sarah made, and you have a go-to meal that totally satisfies!
Here are some other ways to incorporate this perfect pulled pork into your Whole30 meal plan:
- Serve it over cauliflower rice, alongside some roasted veggies that have been kissed with a bit more of the cooking sauce before roasting.
- Make simple tacos by serving in crispy Romaine lettuce leaves, topping with fresh pico de gallo and guacamole. (Our Smoky Latin sauce is a necessary pantry staple to ensure you have the best, most simple Taco Tuesday every week.)
- Top with mashed sweet potatoes (or mashed potatoes, or mashed cauliflower, or a combination of them all), then bake it until hot and bubbly for an awesome and simple Shepherd’s Pie. (Doesn’t a Moroccan inspired Shepherd’s Pie sound awesome!?)
- If you’re looking for a pulled pork sandwich experience, try using your leftover pulled pork on sweet potato “buns” like these. There are some awesome Whole30 Approved barbecue sauces you can add to give it that classic barbecue flavor if you’re looking for that experience too!
- One of the other benefits of making a big batch of this nutrition-packed, delicious shredded pulled pork is that the entire family can enjoy the same meal. If someone else in your family isn’t participating in a Whole30, or loves tortillas/beans/rice, they can make this into burritos, tacos, enchiladas, taquitos, quesadillas, or on rice & bean bowls. For anyone that can tolerate corn, try using the Creole sauce and serving it up over whole grain polenta/grits.
Our healthy cooking sauces are made with simply concentrated vegetables, fruit, spices and herbs, so not only do they boost the flavor of your meals, they boost the nutrition too! It’s like adding another serving of vegetable to your meal, effortlessly.
Don’t have an Instant Pot or pressure cooker? No problem. You can simmer/slow-cook/braise to achieve the same results, find out how over at Mesa de Vida: 101 here. I have to say, treating myself to the aroma of this slow cooking away all day on a Sunday is one of life’s simple pleasures I look forward to every week. But, the Instant Pot makes it all possible in a fraction of the time!
I can’t wait for you to try this recipe, and when you do please feel free to share it on Facebook or Instagram to let Sarah know you approve! *Use the hashtags #Whole30 #Whole30Approved and #MakeItWithMesadeVida and you’ll also be entered into our free monthly giveaway to thank you for sharing the #MesadeVida love!
Thank you Sarah for sharing this wonderful recipe for Whole30 pulled pork in the Instant Pot, I can’t wait to see what else you come up with, chef!
Perfect Pulled Pork Bowls with Mesa de Vida Cooking Sauce
Recipe by Sarah, Whole30 Recipe Developer. Serves 4 + leftovers for the week
2 lbs. of pork shoulder, diced in bite-sized peices
About 4 cups cooked cauliflower rice (recipe below)
1 cup of chopped curly kale, stems removed
Minced scallion or cilantro
Guacamole (recipe below)
Place pork shoulder, broth and sea salt in your Instant Pot.
Place the lid on and set the steam valve to “Sealing”.
Press the “Meat/Stew” button and ensure the time is set to 35 minutes.
When the time is up, allow the steam to release naturally. This takes about 30 minutes.
Carefully remove the pork shoulder from the Instant Pot with a slotted spoon and place in a mixing bowl.
Option 1: While the meat is hot, shred and toss well with a jar of your favorite Mesa de Vida cooking sauce, adding a bit of the cooking juices if you’d like.
Option 2: Don’t let all of that gorgeous, collagen-rich bone broth go to waste! Add the entire jar of sauce to your diced pork shoulder and bone broth in your Instant Pot and cook as instructed. After removing the cooked pork with a slotted spoon, switch your Instant Pot setting to “Saute” and simmer the remaining juices on until it has reduced to a thick sauce. Pour this over your pork shoulder and enjoy!
Serve over a bed of cauliflower rice and chopped kale and garnish with green olives, radish, fresh herbs and guacamole.
4 cups cauliflower, riced (you can purchase rice cauliflower at many grocery stores or to rice it yourself, place florets in a food processor and pulse until it resembles rice.)
1 avocado, peeled and pitted
1 tsp. sea salt
1 whole scallion, minced
¼ cup fresh cilantro, minced
Juice from 1 lime
You might also like...
Recipes, Tips from the Chef, Savings and More!
Get a promo code for 10% off, and our FREE menu planning strategies guide! You'll also be the first to get new recipes, exclusive content, notified when Mesa de Vida is in a store near you, and discounts!