An easy, healthy, 15 minute gluten free pasta recipe with a global gourmet twist!
If you’re looking for an everyday gourmet, delicious, comforting, simple, healthy pasta recipe, you’ve come to the right place. Yes, this hits ALL of those marks, thanks to our Mediterranean cooking and seasoning sauce!
Healthy pantry staples for quick and delicious meals made simple.
Keeping your pantry and freezer stocked with healthy staples makes it easy to make quick meals. But, if you’d like your meals to also have a global gourmet twist, and always taste amazing, then Mesa de Vida healthy cooking and seasoning sauces are made for you.
We help you transform simple ingredients like gluten free chickpea pasta into something extraordinary. This Mediterranean Pork Ragu and Chickpea Pasta recipe is a perfect example.
I recently discovered Banza’s chickpea pasta, and I’m so glad we gave it a try. The flavor and consistency were fantastic. My family typically dislikes most gluten free pastas, but this one passed their taste tests.
I’m thrilled because I usually skipped out on family pasta dinners since I don’t tolerate gluten or grains very well. Now, I can enjoy family pasta night, and quick weeknight pasta dinners.
While your pasta cooks, simmer ground meat and our cooking sauce. They both cook at about the same time, then toss it all together with ricotta cheese for a creamy, comforting bowl of pasta that you can feel great about digging in to.
- If you’d like to make this gluten free pasta recipe dairy free, swap regular ricotta for a dairy-free alternative such as Kite Hill’s ricotta.
- If you’d like to make this into a high-protein, gourmet vegetarian recipe, swap the ground meat for your favorite meat-free crumbles, or canned chickpeas for even more chickpea deliciousness.
- Don’t need to make this recipe gluten free? Use any of your favorite pastas.
- Don’t like ricotta cheese, or don’t have any on hand? Use a handful of grated parmesan cheese instead, or leave it out altogether. You’ll still have a fabulous, rich and thick, gourmet Mediterranean ragu.
I hope you love this healthy Mediterranean pasta recipe – Cheers!
Mediterranean Pork Ragu with Chickpea Pasta-15 Minute Recipe
- 2 tsp healthy oil/fat of your choice optional
- 1 lb ground pork substitute ground Italian sausage, beef, chicken, turkey, or meat-free crumbles if you wish
- 1 jar Mesa de Vida Mediterranean cooking and seasoning sauce
- Salt to taste Mesa de Vida global gourmet cooking and seasoning sauces are low in sodium, so you control the salt to your own tastes and preferences
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, or dairy-free ricotta cheese such as Kite Hill optional
- 4-6 cups chickpea pasta or any other pasta you prefer
- fresh basil and grated parmesan cheese for garnish optional
- Get a large pot of water on to boil for the pasta. When water comes to a full rolling boil, add pasta and cook according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium-high heat. When hot add oil (optional), swirl to coat. Add the ground pork, Mesa de Vida Mediterranean cooking and seasoning sauce, and salt to taste. Cook, stirring often, until the meat is fully cooked and the sauce is thickened, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Add the Mediterranean pork ragu and ricotta cheese to the pasta, toss to coat. Add fresh basil and parmesan cheese if you like. Serve and enjoy!
- Beef and ground meat/vegetarian ground meat alternative recipes
- Chicken recipes
- Cooking tips
- Cooking with Pantry Staples
- Easy Recipes
- Global Gourmet Pizza Series
- Gluten free recipes
- Meal Planning
- Not So Basic Basics Series
- Pasta Series
- Recipes using our Caribbean flavor starter sauce
- Recipes using our Creole flavor starter sauce
- Recipes using our Mediterranean flavor starter sauce
- Recipes using our North African flavor starter sauce
- Recipes using our Smoky Latin flavor starter sauce
- Seafood Recipes
- Slow Cooker & Pressure Cooker Recipes
- Slow Cooker & Pressure Cooker Recipes
- Soup Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
- Whole30, Paleo, Grain Free, Legume Free recipes
You might also like...
Recipes, Tips from the Chef, Savings and More!
Get a promo code for 10% off, and our FREE menu planning strategies guide! You'll also be the first to get new recipes, exclusive content, notified when Mesa de Vida is in a store near you, and discounts!