Make your own gourmet, Arrabbiata-inspired Mediterranean pasta sauce easily when you start with Mesa de Vida’s Mediterranean cooking and seasoning sauce!
Easy homemade Whole30 pasta sauce recipe that is also Paleo friendly, contains no added sugar, low sodium, and packed with flavor.
I have a confession: I had no intention of creating pasta sauce with our new Mediterranean cooking and seasoning sauce.
But then, I made a pasta sauce with it. And it was amazing.
I’ve spent years making my own homemade pasta sauces from scratch, and I pride myself on the authentic, richly flavored, creations that cook all day long. I spend time chopping aromatic vegetables, adding the perfect blend of spices and herbs, and pureeing fresh tomatoes for the delicious homemade pasta sauces that my family, guests, and clients have always loved.
The reason why I don’t buy store bought pasta sauce is because they so often contain sugar, a lot of salt, and typically lack the flavor I’m looking for. If I do buy store bought pasta sauce in a pinch, I usually have to add my own extra seasonings and herbs to get the flavor perfect.
Could our concentrated Northern Mediterranean flavor base make it easy and convenient create the same delicious homemade pasta sauce that matches the same gourmet flavor of my from-scratch recipe? I decided to give it a try in a meaty Mediterranean pasta sauce.
The results surprised me. It was actually INCREDIBLE, so easy, and tasted like it had cooked all day! I made a triple batch to take to a friend’s house for a big pasta dinner, and everyone gave this healthy Mediterranean pasta sauce rave reviews.
Our cooking sauce contains concentrated tomato paste, roasted red bell peppers, Kalamata olives, capers, garlic (a la Puttanesca), onions, red wine vinegar, classic North-Western Mediterranean spices and herbs, and a little kick from crushed red pepper (a la Arrabbiata-style). These bold flavors blend together perfectly to create an almost Puttanesca-inspired pasta sauce that is perfectly balanced and packed with flavor.
If you love to make your own homemade pasta sauce, but are looking for a convenient flavor base that matches your from-scratch creation without all of the work, I hope you’ll give our Mediterranean pasta sauce a try!
Use this homemade healthy pasta sauce as you would any store bought or homemade pasta sauce. Here are some of the endless ways to use your amazing Mediterranean pasta sauce:
- Serve over plain pasta (my family’s favorite), or gluten free pasta of your choice. (I love Banza chickpea pasta.)
- Serve over steamed spaghetti squash, or your favorite veggie zoodle.
- Use in your favorite lasagna recipe, traditional, or a low-carb version with zucchini noodles.
- Use for a healthy Whole30 chicken parmesan recipe with baked or grilled chicken.
- Serve over cooked chickpeas, lentils, or creamy cauliflower mash for a stew-like bowl of delicious comfort food.
I hope you love the amazing homemade pasta sauce you create with the help of your secret ingredient: Mesa de Vida Mediterranean cooking and seasoning sauce! Cheers!
Looking for more easy, healthy, globally-inspired pasta recipes? Check out our Cooking with Pantry Staples series, here!
Mediterranean Pasta Sauce Recipe
- 1 Tb olive oil optional
- 1 lb ground meat, or meat alternative, of your choice optional
- 1 jar Mesa de Vida Mediterranean cooking and seasoning sauce
- 28 oz canned crushed tomatoes *or tomato puree if you can't find canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water or broth
- Salt to taste Mesa de Vida healthy global gourmet cooking and seasoning sauces are very low in sodium so you can add salt to your own tastes and preferences. I typically add 1 large pinch.
- Fresh basil optional
- Place a sauce pan over medium heat, and immediately add olive oil (optional) meat of your choice (optional) and Mesa de Vida Mediterranean cooking and seasoning sauce. Simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the canned crushed tomatoes, water or broth, and salt to taste.
- Bring to a simmer, lower the heat to low. Partially cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve with pasta or spaghetti squash, use as a sauce for lasagna, or however you like!
- Beef and ground meat/vegetarian ground meat alternative recipes
- Chicken recipes
- Cooking tips
- Cooking with Pantry Staples
- Easy Recipes
- Global Gourmet Pizza Series
- Gluten free recipes
- Meal Planning
- Not So Basic Basics Series
- Pasta Series
- Recipes using our Caribbean flavor starter sauce
- Recipes using our Creole flavor starter sauce
- Recipes using our Mediterranean flavor starter sauce
- Recipes using our North African flavor starter sauce
- Recipes using our Smoky Latin flavor starter sauce
- Seafood Recipes
- Slow Cooker & Pressure Cooker Recipes
- Slow Cooker & Pressure Cooker Recipes
- Soup Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
- Whole30, Paleo, Grain Free, Legume Free recipes
You might also like...
Recipes, Tips from the Chef, Savings and More!
Get a promo code for 10% off, and our FREE menu planning strategies guide! You'll also be the first to get new recipes, exclusive content, notified when Mesa de Vida is in a store near you, and discounts!