This is a quick and easy, flavor-packed one-skillet meal that will make the whole family happy, and help you get dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Serve this saucy beef and zucchini up over steamed spaghetti squash, or hot cooked pasta. Top with shredded parmesan or crumbled feta cheese if you like, and enjoy!
This recipe is a great “meat with stuff, over stuff” ingredient meal that Whole30 co-founder Melissa Urban is a fan of. Mesa de Vida cooking sauce does most of the work, brings all of the flavor to the party, and transforms a few simple ingredients into a global gourmet meal! *Skip the cheese and serve the saucy beef and zucchini over spaghetti squash to keep this recipe Whole30 and Paleo-friendly.
This recipe uses our incredible Mediterranean cooking and seasoning sauce. This sauce has a tiny bit of a kick to it, so if you, or someone your cooking for is sensitive to spicy foods, the recipe works great with any of our cooking sauces. You can switch up the recipe with any global flavor you like! (Our North African and Smoky Latin cooking sauces are extremely mild as far as heat goes.)
I hope you enjoy – Cheers!
Mediterranean Beef and Zucchini skillet
- 1 lb ground beef or any other ground meat of your choice. Ground turkey, chicken, pork, or even sausage work great, as well. Or, use diced chicken pieces that you brown first before proceeding with the rest of the recipe.
- 2 medium zucchini cut into 1" dice
- 1 jar Mesa de Vida Mediterranean cooking and seasoning sauce
- Salt to taste, I use about 1 tsp. *Mesa de Vida cooking sauces are extremely low in sodium so you can salt to your own tastes/health needs
- Optional: Shredded parmesan or crumbled feta cheese, and steamed spaghetti squash, or hot cooked pasta, for serving
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. When hot add beef, crumble and stir until most of the meat is cooked and very little pink remains.
- Stir in the zucchini, Mesa de Vida Mediterranean cooking sauce, and salt to taste. Stir and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Lower the heat to low, cover and continue to simmer for 10 more minutes until the zucchini is tender, and the sauce is thick and rich.
- Serve and enjoy!
You might also like...
Recipes, Tips from the Chef, Savings and More!
Get a promo code for 10% off, and our FREE menu planning strategies guide! You'll also be the first to get new recipes, exclusive content, notified when Mesa de Vida is in a store near you, and discounts!