Think cauliflower is boring? This recipe will help change your mind! Savory, saucy meat, roasted cauliflower, and your favorite nacho toppings make a healthified, nutrition-boosted version of nachos!
This low-carb cauliflower nacho recipe is a crave-worthy nosh for binge-watching your favorite series on tv, a fun family dinner, or a great appetizer if you’re hosting a casual dinner party.
Mesa de Vida’s Smoky Latin flavor Recipe Starter Sauce is a fresher, nutritious alternative to dried-out seasoning blends. Create saucy, flavorful braises with our blend of fruits, vegetables, spices, chilies, and herbs.
- Need these healthy cauliflower nachos to be vegetarian-friendly? Use vegetarian meatless-crumbles instead of ground meat.
- Need this cauliflower nachos recipe to be dairy-free? Instead of cheese, use your favorite dairy-free shredded cheese or cheese sauce alternative. If you follow a Paleo lifestyle that includes cheese, go for high quality cheese, or goat cheese.
- Great for low-sodium diets – season the cauliflower to your own tastes/health needs, and use a sharp-flavored cheese to get more flavor bang with less cheese.
- This recipe is naturally gluten-free.
These not only made a delicious meal, but the leftovers were also equally delicious the next day for leftover lunch!
I hope you enjoy!
Low-Carb Cauliflower Nachos Recipe
Roasted Cauliflower Florets
- 1 large head cauliflower washed, trimmed, and cut into florets
- healthy oil/fat or pan spray of our choice, salt and pepper to taste
Saucy, Seasoned Smoky Latin-Inspired Meat/Meat Alternative
- 1 lb ground meat or ground meat alternative
- 3/4 cup Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin Flavor Recipe Starter Sauce
- Kosher/sea salt to taste Mesa de Vida's Recipe Starter Sauces are low in sodium, so you can salt to your own tastes/health needs.
Toppings For Your Nachos
- Add your favorite nacho toppings! We love shredded cheese, hot sauce/jalapenos, sliced olives, diced onions; serve with gaucamole, salsa, and sour cream if you like.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. (Optional: line a baking sheet with parchment paper.)
- Toss the cauliflower florets with oil/oil spray, and salt and pepper to taste. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through, until golden brown and tender.
- Meanwhile, as the cauliflower is cooking, make the saucy braised meat. Add the meat (or meat alternative), Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin flavor Recipe Starter Sauce and salt to taste to a saute pan over medium-high heat. Break up the meat with a spoon. When the meat is fully crumbled, lower the heat to low and cover the pan. Simmer for 5-8 minutes until the meat is fully cooked and the sauce is thickened.
- When the cauliflower is cooked and the meat is ready, arrange the cauliflower in the center of the pan to minimize gaps. Spoon the saucy meat over the top of the cauliflower, top with cheese and other toppings you like. Pop the pan back into the oven for 5-10 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Serve with sour cream, guacamole, and salsa if you like, and enjoy!
You might also like...
Recipes, Tips from the Chef, Savings and More!
Get a promo code for 10% off, and our FREE menu planning strategies guide! You'll also be the first to get new recipes, exclusive content, notified when Mesa de Vida is in a store near you, upcoming giveaways, events, and discounts!