If you’re looking for a grown-up, gourmet macaroni and cheese recipe, a homemade, healthier macaroni and cheese recipe, Instant Pot macaroni and cheese recipe, or simply the easiest, most delicious macaroni and cheese recipe you can make at home, you’ve come to the right place!
My son is 13 and made this recipe entirely himself! And I’ll be honest: my whole family loved it so much that he ended up making two rounds of this Instant Pot macaroni and cheese yesterday, we ended up eating it for lunch AND dinner. (So, it’s salad day around here today!)
Make gluten free homemade macaroni and cheese in the Instant Pot in just 5 minutes!
We made our homemade Instant Pot macaroni and cheese with gluten free, nutritious chickpea pasta (Banza is my go-to brand), and it cooked up perfectly. The recommended stove-top cooking time for Banza is the same as any traditional pasta (9-11 minutes), so it cooked in just 5 minutes in the Instant Pot! If you use a gluten free pasta, or any other alternative pasta, it should work just as well. Just adjust the cooking time down if the stove-top cooking time for the pasta you use suggests less than 9 minutes.
Creamy, healthy, real-food gourmet macaroni and cheese in minutes.
My family is more in the bechamel-based homemade macaroni and cheese camp, so I was skeptical if this Instant Pot macaroni and cheese version would be as creamy and delicious as our usual recipe. It did not disappoint! In fact, we all agreed that since this was even easier, this Instant Pot macaroni and cheese recipe is now our go-to recipe when that creamy craving hits!
The addition of our Smoky Latin Gourmet Recipe Starter and Cooking Sauce totally takes ordinary macaroni and cheese to the next level! It creates an elevated, gourmet macaroni and cheese with a really amazing Latin flavor with just a couple of spoonfuls of our concentrated, real food cooking and seasoning sauce! All the more reason to keep it on hand at ALL times!
Macaroni and cheese for your next dinner party? Why not!
Our Gourmet Latin macaroni and cheese recipe is definitely going to be my son’s go-to lunch when he comes home from school (I’m betting he’s going to make it at least a few times a month, and I’ll have to hold him back from making it daily).
But, I also can’t wait to make this absolutely delicious, grown-up version of the creamy, gourmet macaroni and cheese recipe for the next casual dinner with friends! It would be great as a side dish for any barbecue dinner, or as the main course for a healthier comfort food feast at the table with family and friends. I know everyone would love it!
The great thing about being able to easily make this into a gluten free macaroni and cheese recipe is that I know I can bring a meal to the table that everyone can enjoy, even those of us with gluten intolerances, or allergies.
I’ve even included recipe tips to make this into a meaty Latin macaroni and cheese recipe (sort of like a super gourmet, amazing homemade version of the boxed burger helper that is just as easy). I think ground beef, great high-quality ground chorizo, or even shrimp would be amazing in this. I’ve also included variations to keep this macaroni and cheese vegetarian.
If you’ve been scared to use your Instant Pot, this is a fabulous starter recipe that will have you convinced of the magic of the Instant Pot. For those of us already convinced of the Instant Pot greatness and find ourselves giving them as gifts for every occasion, this easy Instant Pot recipe is great to print out and include with your gift.
Enjoy this amazing creamy, gourmet, Latin-inspired homemade Instant Pot macaroni and cheese recipe! I’d love to know what you think, make sure you share with us on social media and tag us!
Looking for a way to jazz up a box of macaroni and cheese? Try this recipe!
Instant Pot Gourmet Latin Mac and Cheese Recipe
- 8 oz dry pasta I love to use gluten free and nutritious Banza Chickpea pasta shell or penne shapes, but any dry pasta will work.
- 2 cups water
- 2 heaping Tb Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin Gourmet Cooking & Seasoning Sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn Optional: Add black beans, frozen fajita peppers and onion blend, whatever you like to make this your own!
- Salt to taste Our cooking sauces are extremely low in sodium, so you can salt to your own tastes!
- 2 Tb sour cream To keep this vegetarian use your favorite creamy dairy-free alternative
- 2 cups shredded cheese Cheddar, Monterey Jack, and Cotija make a fabulous combo for this! To keep this vegetarian use your favorite vegetarian shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup milk To keep this vegetarian use your favorite creamy dairy-free alternative
- Optional step: If you'd like to make this with meat, start by sauteeing ground beef or cubed chicken in your Intant Pot until fully cooked, then proceed with the recipe. Or, simply add leftover cooked, shredded/cubed chicken or other protein of your choice.
- Place the pasta, water, Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin cooking sauce, corn, and salt to taste into the Instant Pot. Stir to combine. Make sure the lever on top is set to Seal, then set to cook on manual high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Once the pasta has cooked for 5 minutes, quick-release the steam. *If you double this recipe you may find that starchy cooking water escapes from the release valve, so you will want to do a controlled, short-spurt quick release method.
- Remove the lid on the Instant Pot and stir in the sour cream, shredded cheese, and milk. Put the lid back on and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
You might also like...
Recipes, Tips from the Chef, Savings and More!
Get a promo code for 10% off, and our FREE menu planning strategies guide! You'll also be the first to get new recipes, exclusive content, notified when Mesa de Vida is in a store near you, upcoming giveaways, events, and discounts!