Make pizza night at home healthy and simple with a global gourmet twist!
Enjoy delicious healthy gourmet pizza at home in less time than ordering pizza delivery! Mesa de Vida Mediterranean cooking and seasoning sauce and your favorite crust make it so easy and amazing, you won’t want to order takeout pizza again!
This is the best pizza I think I’ve ever eaten.My husband.
Healthy homemade pizza made easy, and gourmet.
Healthy pizza at home doesn’t need to be boring. Our Mediterranean pizza recipe allows you to make an extraordinary homemade pizza to bring to your family table. Hosting a fun, casual pizza dinner party? This gourmet pizza recipe is the perfect pizza to bring life to the table!
Your easy homemade pizza will be anything but ordinary with our Mediterranean cooking and seasoning sauce that makes it simple, quick, and healthy to create a gourmet pizza anytime!
My family loved this pizza so much they’ve now requested it at least a couple of times every month. By keeping a supply of frozen ground meat, Mesa de Vida healthy cooking sauces, and frozen cauliflower crust on hand (this is my favorite), I can make this recipe in minutes, even on my busiest weeknight.
I love that I can make a healthy meal that everyone loves, and gets excited about, that also fits in with my health and nutrition goals.
Feel free to swap out the cauliflower crust for any regular, or homemade, pizza crust of your liking. I’ve included instructions below for whichever pizza crust you choose, as well as my tips for success when cooking with cauliflower pizza crust.
If you’d like to make this recipe Paleo or grain-free friendly, make sure the cauliflower crust you choose has no dairy or grain-based flours. (Or make your own.) You can skip the cheese altogether, or substitute your favorite nut-based cheese, such as Kite Hill ricotta.
I hope you love our Mediterranean Pizza recipe! Cheers!
Mediterranean Pizza on Cauliflower Crust Recipe
- 2 cauliflower crusts par-baked. Substitute regular pizza crust if you wish, also par-baked
- 1 lb ground beef or lamb any other ground meat, or ground meat alternative, will work fine
- 1 jar Mesa de Vida Mediterranean cooking and seasoning sauce
- 1 zucchini sliced lengthwise into thin strips with a vegetable peeler
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 2 small tomatoes finely chopped
- Salt to taste Mesa de Vida cooking and seasoning sauces are low in sodium so you can salt to your own tastes and preferences
- Optional: parsley for garnish
- Optional: Additional layer of shredded mozzarella or other cheese If you like your pizza extra cheesy, add a layer of shredded mozzarella or cheddar on top of the crust before adding remaining ingredients. This is how my family likes theirs. 🙂
- Preheat the oven according to your pizza crust instructions.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat, when hot add the meat to the skillet and stir to crumble.
- Add the Mediterranean cooking and seasoning sauce to the meat, and add salt to taste. Stirring often, cook until the meat is fully cooked, then remove from heat.
- Place your pizza crusts on prepared pans according to your crust's instructions. Divide the meat among both crusts. Nestle the zucchini slices inside of the meat mixture on the pizzas. Top with crumbled feta cheese.
- Bake according to your crust's instructions. *I have found success with most cauliflower crusts with the following steps: 1) I have to lower the recommended temperature of the oven by 25 degrees, 2) Place the crusts on a grated pizza pan that has been sprayed with non-stick pan spray, OR place on a parchment paper lined pan and bake on the bottom rack of the oven, 3) add a few extra minutes to the cooking time to achieve a crispy browned crust.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with tomatoes and fresh parsley if you wish. Rest for 10 minutes before slicing and enjoying!
- Beef and ground meat/vegetarian ground meat alternative recipes
- Chicken recipes
- Cooking tips
- Cooking with Pantry Staples
- Easy Recipes
- Global Gourmet Pizza Series
- Gluten free recipes
- Meal Planning
- Not So Basic Basics Series
- Pasta Series
- Recipes using our Caribbean flavor starter sauce
- Recipes using our Creole flavor starter sauce
- Recipes using our Mediterranean flavor starter sauce
- Recipes using our North African flavor starter sauce
- Recipes using our Smoky Latin flavor starter sauce
- Seafood Recipes
- Slow Cooker & Pressure Cooker Recipes
- Slow Cooker & Pressure Cooker Recipes
- Soup Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
- Whole30, Paleo, Grain Free, Legume Free recipes
You might also like...
Recipes, Tips from the Chef, Savings and More!
Get a promo code for 10% off, and our FREE menu planning strategies guide! You'll also be the first to get new recipes, exclusive content, notified when Mesa de Vida is in a store near you, upcoming giveaways, events, and discounts!