Can hash be considered a gourmet meal? When you make it with Mesa de Vida it sure can! I think you’ll love this quick and easy recipe for hash, a comfort food classic.
Transform leftover shredded meat and a couple of potatoes into a nourishing meal at any time of day.
Using Mesa de Vida versatile cooking sauce as the seasoning for your hash results in a global gourmet meal that rivals any hash served up at trendy bistros and gastropubs.
I made this easy and delicious hash recipe with leftover pulled pork that I had cooked in the slow cooker the day before, seasoned with our Mediterranean cooking sauce. The pork roast was about 3 pounds.
We enjoyed 1/3 of the meat the first night over hot cooked pasta with some garlicky sauteed spinach on the side. I set aside 1/3 of the meat to add to salads, and for my kids to make sandwiches with. The last of the meat (about 1 lb, or 4 cups or so) went into making this healthy hash recipe. Since I had seasoned the slow-cooked pork roast with our Mediterranean sauce, I used the same sauce to make the hash, but any of our global sauces would be absolutely delicious with this recipe.
Meal prepping like this means I spend a lot less time in the kitchen, we save a lot of money vs eating out, and I can whip up a great meal with just a few simple ingredients!
Mesa de Vida cooking sauces make it so easy to make a meal I know will taste amazing, and most of the work has already been done for me. The global gourmet flavors ensure we never get into a boring food rut, even if we’re eating the simplest meal. With the real food ingredients in each jar that are like adding an extra serving of vegetables to our meal, I don’t have to think about the food being healthy or not – we just get to eat, and enjoy. It’s so nice to have a helping hand in the kitchen, and with Mesa de Vida, it’s like having a personal chef do a lot of the prep work for me!
In addition, I have found one huge improvement since having Mesa de Vida on hand at all times: we eat out less! I used to resort to ordering pizza or getting takeout on busy days when I hadn’t planned meals and I just couldn’t think of what to make. With Mesa de Vida I know that I can make a great meal with little time or effort with just a few simple ingredients I always have in my pantry or freezer.
I hope you try this hash recipe soon; for brunch, lunch, or a Whole30 and Paleo-friendly meat & potatoes dinner the entire family, and anyone you serve it to, will love!
Hash – with a Global Gourmet Twist
- Healthy oil/fat of your choice to coat the pan
- 2 large Russet potatoes cut into 1/2" dice *substitute shredded hashbrown potatoes, or leftover roasted cubed potatoes if that's what you have on hand
- 1 lb cooked shredded meat use leftover pulled pork, chicken, beef, or turkey; or use shredded rotisserie chicken, or use leftover shredded pot roast. *No shredded meat on hand? This recipe works just as well with cooked ground meat, too!
- 1/2 cup Mesa de Vida Global Gourmet Cooking & Seasoning Sauce of your choice
- 1/2 cup water or broth
- Kosher/sea salt and hot sauce to taste
- Optional: Eggs, cooked to your liking
- Optional additional vegetables you can add while cooking the potatoes: Shredded or cubed cooked beets, shredded zucchini, or diced mushrooms
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. When hot add oil, swirl to coat.
- Add the potatoes in one even layer in the pan. Let the first side of the potatoes crisp up and get golden brown before attempting to begin stirring the potatoes. Once the first side is golden brown and releases easily from the pan, begin flipping the potatoes, letting brown after each turn. Cook until golden brown on all sides. *You could roast the potato cubes in a 400 degree oven if you prefer.
- Add the shredded cooked meat, Mesa de Vida cooking sauce of your choice, water/broth, and salt to taste. Stir to combine.
- Turn the heat down to low and cover the pan. Cook for 25-30 minutes until the potatoes are tender, the meat is fully reheated, and all of the liquid has absorbed.
- Serve topped with an egg cooked to your liking and/or hot sauce to taste.
- Beef and ground meat/vegetarian ground meat alternative recipes
- Chicken recipes
- Cooking tips
- Cooking with Pantry Staples
- Easy Recipes
- Global Gourmet Pizza Series
- Gluten free recipes
- Meal Planning
- Not So Basic Basics Series
- Pasta Series
- Recipes using our Caribbean flavor starter sauce
- Recipes using our Creole flavor starter sauce
- Recipes using our Mediterranean flavor starter sauce
- Recipes using our North African flavor starter sauce
- Recipes using our Smoky Latin flavor starter sauce
- Seafood Recipes
- Slow Cooker & Pressure Cooker Recipes
- Slow Cooker & Pressure Cooker Recipes
- Soup Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
- Whole30, Paleo, Grain Free, Legume Free recipes
You might also like...
Recipes, Tips from the Chef, Savings and More!
Get a promo code for 10% off, and our FREE menu planning strategies guide! You'll also be the first to get new recipes, exclusive content, notified when Mesa de Vida is in a store near you, upcoming giveaways, events, and discounts!