Fish Veracruz is a saucy, tangy, delicious recipe that will bring excitement to a simple fish or shrimp dinner.
With Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin Inspired healthy cooking sauce, this recipe is simple as can be as well!
Our healthy cooking sauce has all of the perfectly blended vegetables and spices already prepared for you. For authentic flavor, simply add capers or chopped green olives to complete this stunning sauce.
The fish and poaching sauce is delicious on it’s own, or served with simple side of steamed rice. I decided to make a flavorful bed of Latin style quinoa to serve the fish on, creating a nutritious, incredible meal. Swap out the quinoa for rice if you’d like. (Spanish-style rice cooked with a bit of our healthy cooking sauce is a flavor you’re going to crave often!)
If you’d rather keep this entire recipe grain-free (and Whole30/Paleo-friendly) simply steam up some riced cauliflower with a dollop or two of our cooking and seasoning sauce to serve it over!
P.S. Your kitchen is going to smell SO. Good.
Fish Veracruz Recipe | Whole30 | Paleo
- 1 Tb healthy oil/fat of your choice optional
- 1 lb fish fillets of your choice I love to use frozen Mahi Mahi fillets for this recipe, but cod, halibut, even shrimp works great! Just adjust your cooking time for the seafood you choose. (Shrimp takes less time for instance.)
- 1/2 cup Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin Cooking & Seasoning Sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tb capers, and/or chopped green olives
- Salt and hot sauce to taste Our cooking sauce is very low in sodium, so you get to salt to your own tastes!
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, when hot add oil, swirl to coat.
- Add the fish and Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin inspired healthy cooking sauce. Cook, stirring the sauce for about 30 seconds.
- Add the water, capers/olives, salt and hot sauce if desired. Stir into the sauce and spoon over the fish, lower the heat to low.
- Cover and simmer until the fish is cooked through. Remove the fish, keep warm.
- Increase the heat to medium and simmer until thickened slightly. Spoon over the fish and enjoy!
You might also like...
Recipes, Tips from the Chef, Savings and More!
Get a promo code for 10% off, and our FREE menu planning strategies guide! You'll also be the first to get new recipes, exclusive content, notified when Mesa de Vida is in a store near you, upcoming giveaways, events, and discounts!