Our take on a homemade Jambalaya recipe gets rave reviews from everyone who tries it! We’ll help you make one of the best Jambalayas right at home, with all of the classic flavors, without all of the work.
Low-sodium, all-natural jambalaya recipe starter sauce
Mesa de Vida Creole Recipe Starter and Cooking Sauce provides all of the Creole flavor, making this as easy as pour, simmer, cook and enjoy!
Our gourmet cooking and seasoning sauce is low in sodium, naturally gluten free, has no added sugar, but rest assured, it is flavor PACKED! Made with all of the classic vegetables of the “Holy Trinity”, plus classic whole ground spices and herbs classic to Creole cooking. Our Creole cooking and seasoning sauce makes the perfect low-sodium seasoning sauce for your Jambalaya, and many other dishes as well.
How to make a healthy jambalaya recipe at home
Jambalaya is traditionally made with white rice, but I’ve also included the instructions for making this recipe with cauliflower rice, for those looking for a Whole30, Paleo, or Low-Carb Jambalaya recipe alternative.
Can you make Jambalaya with brown rice? You sure can! Simply par-cook your brown rice in boiling water for 20 minutes before proceeding with the recipe, below.
I hope you enjoy our version of an incredible, healthy Jambalaya!
Easy Jambalaya Recipe with Mesa de Vida
- 1 lb meat(s) of your choice I like to use a combination of diced chicken, sliced nitrate-free, sugar-free smoked sausage (such as Andouille), and shrimp. You can also use ground sausage or ground pork to make more of a Dirty Rice recipe
- 1 jar Mesa de Vida Creole Cooking and Seasoning Sauce
- 2 stalks celery thinly sliced
- 15 oz diced canned tomatoes
- 1 cup white rice rinsed and drained. *You can also substitute 3 cups of riced cauliflower to keep this low carb/Whole30/Paleo friendly.
- 1-1/2 cups water or broth *Reduce to 1 cup if using cauliflower rice
- Salt and hot sauce to taste Our cooking and seasoning sauces are low in sodium, so you control the level of salt. Our Creole sauce is pretty spicy, but if you like your food to be really spicy add additional hot sauce to your liking.
- *Optional step if using uncooked diced chicken: Cook chicken until about half way cooked, then proceed with the rest of the recipe.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large skillet or saucepan, stir to combine.
- Bring to a rolling boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until all of the liquid has absorbed, and your rice is tender.
- Dig in and enjoy!
You might also like...
Recipes, Tips from the Chef, Savings and More!
Get a promo code for 10% off, and our FREE menu planning strategies guide! You'll also be the first to get new recipes, exclusive content, notified when Mesa de Vida is in a store near you, upcoming giveaways, events, and discounts!