It’s so easy to make these delicious, fiber-rich, flavor-packed vegetarian bean and cheeze taquitos! They’re crispy on the outside, have a tasty filling, and are a great quick meal option any time of day!
Crispy Oven-Baked Bean Taquitos Recipe Notes:
- Cheese – or Cheeze – it up! Regular shredded cheese works for these healthy taquitos, or keep them vegan by using a dairy-free, plant-based cheeze sauce (I used Core and Rind’s Rich & Smoky Cashew Cheesy Sauce), or shredded variety of vegan cheese.
- Any flour tortilla works for this recipe. Use any low-carb, or gluten/grain-free flour-alternative that you like. I love Siete brand almond flour or cassava tortillas for this recipe.
- This recipe is great for doubling (or tripling!) then keep wrapped in the refrigerator. Pop one into the toaster oven to reheat and enjoy anytime. Yum!
I hope you love these as much as my family does! Cheers!
Crispy Oven-Baked Smoky Latin Bean and Cheeze Taquitos
- 8 small flour tortillas. Substitute almond flour, cassava flour, or gluten-free alternative flour tortillas of your choice if needed
- 14 oz canned beans of your choice (black, pinto, kidney, etc.) about 1-1/2 cups, rinsed and drained well
- 3 Tb Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin Flavor Recipe Starter and Cooking Sauce
- 2 Tb water
- salt and hot sauce to taste optional *Mesa de Vida recipe starter and cooking sauces are extremely low in sodium, so you can add salt to your own tastes/health needs.
- 1/2 cup vegan cheeze sauce or shreds of your choice, or shredded Colby-Jack, or cheddar cheese I used Core & Rind Smoky Vegan Cheeze Sauce for this recipe
- optional for serving: sour cream, or dairy-free sour cream alternative, salsa, hot sauce
- oil, or oil spray
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or foil, set aside.
- Add the beans, Mesa de Vida Smoky Latin Flavor Recipe Starter and Cooking Sauce, water, and salt/hot sauce to taste to a sauce pan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, lower the heat to low and cover. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, remove from the heat. Mash the beans with the back of fork until you have a creamy mash, but it doesn't have to be completely smooth. Set aside.
- Wrap your stack of tortillas in a towel and place in the microwave for 45 seconds, or until soft and pliable. Lay the soft tortillas out onto a cutting board, or tray.
- Spread the flavorful mashed bean mixture evenly across the center of all the tortillas. Top with cheeze/cheese of your choosing. Roll each tortilla up tightly – you just made taquitos!
- Lightly brush oil, or spray an even coating of oil, onto your parchment or foil lined baking sheet. Roll each taquito in the oil to coat all sides, and place seam-side down on the same pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy on the bottom. Flip each taquito over, and bake another 10 minutes, or until the taquitos are golden brown and crispy on all sides.
- Serve with sour cream, dairy-free sour cream alternative, and salsa or hot sauce of your choice and enjoy!
You might also like...
Recipes, Tips from the Chef, Savings and More!
Get a promo code for 10% off, and our FREE menu planning strategies guide! You'll also be the first to get new recipes, exclusive content, notified when Mesa de Vida is in a store near you, and discounts!