Succulent, flavorful chicken stewed in a rich and tasty braise that starts with Mesa de Vida Creole Cooking & Seasoning Sauce.
This easy yet impressive recipe is sure to become a healthy comfort-food classic you’ll make again and again! Serve over hot cooked rice, pasta, beans, or vegetables.
- This recipe works with any of our global cooking & seasoning sauces if you’re looking to change it up!
- This recipe is Whole30/Paleo compliant if you leave out the wine. Serve it up over creamy mashed cauliflower for a great Whole30 meal the entire family will love!
- This recipe is naturally gluten-free.
Creole Braised Chicken Recipe
- 1 whole chicken, cut into serving pieces Or, substitute 3 lb of bone-in, skin-on chicken pieces of your choice. *If you use boneless, skinless chicken reduce simmering time to 30 minutes.
- 1 jar Mesa de Vida Creole Cooking & Seasoning Sauce
- 2 tb white wine optional
- 15 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 1 onion, sliced optional
- 2 cups low-sodium, high quality/homemeade chicken or vegetable broth
- salt to taste (I use about 2 tsp for this recipe) Mesa de Vida cooking sauces are extremely low in sodium so you can salt to your own tastes/health preferences
- hot cooked rice, pasta, or vegetables for serving
- Preheat a large Dutch oven, or heavy-bottomed soup pot or skillet over medium-high heat.
- When the pan is hot, brown the chicken pieces until golden brown. Add the remaining ingredients, stir everything together. Bring to a simmer, lower the heat to medium-low, and cover.
- Cook for 1 hour, until the chicken is fall-apart tender. Check the pot every 15 minutes, add additional water/broth if necessary if the juices start to cook off. Serve and enjoy!
You may also like our gumbo recipe!
You may also like our Caribbean Chicken & Rice Bake Recipe!
You might also like...
Recipes, Tips from the Chef, Savings and More!
Get a promo code for 10% off, and our FREE menu planning strategies guide! You'll also be the first to get new recipes, exclusive content, notified when Mesa de Vida is in a store near you, upcoming giveaways, events, and discounts!