Our Caribbean-inspired recipe starter sauce makes an extraordinary (because you don’t do ordinary) marinade and grilling glaze for any protein or vegetables you’re grilling up.
Almost like homemade from scratch! We make it easy for you to make it amazing.
Our low-sodium, no oil cooking concentrates are made with fruits, vegetables, spices, and herbs. To transform these blends into a flavorful marinade, just add a bit of salt and healthy oil/fat of your choice to help the flavors permeate the meat, then marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
As a grilling sauce, you can brush on as-is for an extremely low sodium, no sugar, flavorful finishing touch for grilled meats and vegetables a few minutes before they’re done cooking.
Low sodium, low sugar, boldly flavored alternative to the sugary, salty (and even worse – bland) barbecue and grilling sauces on the market.
To take your grilled meats and vegetables up just a notch though, I love to mix in a pinch of salt and a dash of honey to the sauce, then brush on for a boldly flavored, caramelized finish the last few minutes of cooking. This accentuates the flavorful, juicy meat like nothing else!
Watch the video below to see how easy it is to make our Caribbean-inspired Grilled Chicken recipe, and save the recipe below so you can make it yourself!
- This recipe is low in sodium, low-to-no fat depending on your protein choice, naturally gluten-free, Paleo-friendly, and Whole30 friendly (just leave the honey out).
- Our Smoky Latin and North African inspired flavor bases also make phenomenal marinades and grilling sauces!
- Try this same recipe with pork tenderloin, pork chops, sirloin steak, and fish, as well!
- If you like this, try our North African inspired chicken and vegetable kebab recipe, too!
Caribbean-Inspired Marinated and Glazed Chicken Recipe with Mesa de Vida
For the marinade
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken pieces *Want to use bone-in, skin-on chicken pieces? I recommend piercing each piece of chicken several times with a knife first so the flavors permeate, and increase the amount of cooking sauce so you'll fully coat the meat.
- 3 Tb Mesa de Vida Caribbean Inspired Cooking & Seasoning Sauce
- 2 tsp healthy oil of your choice
- salt to taste *Our cooking and seasoning sauces are extremely low in sodium, allowing you to salt to your own tastes/health preferences. Salt does help the flavors permeate the meat, so I recommend a pinch or two to help the marinade really sink into the meat for this quick marinating process.
For the glaze
- 3 Tb Mesa de Vida Caribbean Inspired Cooking & Seasoning Sauce *This amount leaves enough extra sauce to glaze 2 large sliced zucchini, as well. If you'd like to glaze additional vegetables, bump up the amount of sauce a bit.
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp honey optional
- Combine the first set of ingredients, mix well to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate for 15-30 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat your grill to medium heat, about 350. Add the marinated chicken, cook until about 75% cooked through on each side.
- Brush the additional sauce on as a glaze to each side of the meat and any vegetables you've grilled, finish cooking through, allowing the sauce to caramelize just a bit.
- Rest the meat for 5-10 minutes under a foil tent before slicing, serve and enjoy!
You might also like...
Recipes, Tips from the Chef, Savings and More!
Get a promo code for 10% off, and our FREE menu planning strategies guide! You'll also be the first to get new recipes, exclusive content, notified when Mesa de Vida is in a store near you, upcoming giveaways, events, and discounts!