This is a twist on the feta pasta recipe and hack that is so popular on social media.
I love the technique of baking feta cheese with savory components. It’s a quick and easy sauce for pasta that hardly takes any prep-work – what’s not to love about that?
Feta Pasta Recipe
This recipe takes the inspiration a little further and opens up a whole new world of meal ideas for quick and healthy weeknight dinners. (This is also a great option for a casual dinner party when you need an easy meal that will impress your guests!)
Instead of baking the feta pasta, we’re going to braise it in our savory, flavorful recipe starter sauce. I love the flavor combination with our North African flavor sauce, but it would also be delicious with our Mediterranean flavor sauce.
We’re also adding meat to the mix, if you want. Pork tenderloin is fabulous in this recipe, and chicken breasts are, as well. The meat soaks up the savory braising liquid and gets oh-so-tender in just 30 minutes.
Want to keep it meat-free? Just swap in a can of chickpeas for a vegetarian version.
Easy One-Pan Sauce for Pasta
The mixture braises effortlessly on your stovetop for about 30 minutes, leaving you time to cook up some pasta of your liking – gluten free pasta, chickpea pasta, whole wheat pasta, or regular pasta all work. Simply toss the hot cooked past in with the saucy, savory, cheesy sauce for a complete meal in one skillet!
This has quickly become a family favorite recipe, and I hope you enjoy it as well!
Braised Feta and Pasta Skillet
- 1 jar Mesa de Vida North African flavor Recipe Starter Sauce Our Mediterranean flavor Recipe Starter Sauce would work great with this, too!
- 1 lb diced pork tenderloin or chicken breast, or a can of chickpeas dice meat into 1" cubes if using
- 8 oz feta cheese, block or crumbled
- 1/2 cup water
- salt and harissa hot sauce to taste Mesa de Vida's Recipe Starter Sauces are extremely low in sodium so you can salt to your own taste/health needs
- 8 oz hot cooked pasta of your choice
- Place the Mesa de Vida Recipe Starter Sauce, meat or chickpeas, feta cheese, water and salt/harissa to taste into a skillet. Stir to combine. Cover and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, lower the heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- When the meat is thoroughly cooked through and tender, add the hot cooked pasta, toss to combine, serve and enjoy!
You might also like...
Recipes, Tips from the Chef, Savings and More!
Get a promo code for 10% off, and our FREE menu planning strategies guide! You'll also be the first to get new recipes, exclusive content, notified when Mesa de Vida is in a store near you, upcoming giveaways, events, and discounts!