This is a 4 ingredient, 20-minute quick skillet braised chicken recipe packed with incredible flavor. Our Caribbean flavor Recipe Starter Sauce makes it easy to create an exciting, gourmet meal in minutes!
Serve over steamed white rice, or cauliflower rice.
This recipe is Whole30 and Paleo compatible, gluten-free, and low in sodium (adjust salt to your own tastes.)
Braised Chicken with Caribbean-Coconut Sauce
- 1-1/2 to 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs boneless, skinless chicken breasts will also work; bone-in chicken pieces work as well, just simmer on low until the chicken is fully cooked through and tender. *If you use bone-in chicken I recommend making this in a high-sided pot or Dutch oven.
- 1 jar Mesa de Vida Caribbean flavor Recipe Starter Sauce
- 1 can canned coconut milk full fat
- salt to taste our recipe starter sauces are extremely low in sodium so you can salt to your own tastes/health preferences
- 4 dates pitted and minced
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add oil to thinly coat the bottom of the pan, optional
- Season the chicken with salt to taste (optional). Add to the skillet and cook on both sides until golden brown.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer, lower the heat to low and cover.
- Cook until the chicken is cooked through and tender, about 20 minutes. Taste, add additional salt if necessary. Serve your delicious saucy chicken with rice or cauliflower rice.